With PBS KIDS ScratchJr, kids can create their own interactive stories and games featuring their favorite characters from Wild Kratts, Nature Cat, WordGirl and Peg + Cat! The storytelling possibilities are endless with this creative coding app for children ages 5-8.By snapping together colorful programming blocks, children can make characters move, jump, dance and sing. In the process, kids will learn to solve problems, design projects and express themselves creatively on a tablet. With PBS KIDS ScratchJr, children don’t just learn to code, they code to learn.
- Colorful Programming Blocks - Snap together the color-coded motion, sound, look, trigger and control blocks to create sequences of actions that cause characters to animate and interact in fun and exciting ways.
- PBS KIDS Characters and Backgrounds - With 150+ PBS KIDS characters, children can create projects based on their favorite shows and can mix-and-match as much as they’d like!
- Paint Editing - Create your own characters and backgrounds.
- Voice Recording - Use the recording tool to add sounds and your voice to projects.
- Story Starters - Looking for inspiration? Eight story starters in the app are a great place to start. Each Story Starter features a different set of characters and is designed to encourage children to edit and complete the story however they’d like.
For more PBS KIDS apps, visit http://www.pbskids.org/apps.
For more on ScratchJr, visit http://www.scratchjr.org
Our support email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reach out with feedback and suggestions!
PBS KIDS ScratchJr is a collaboration between PBS, Tufts University, the MIT Media Lab, and the Playful Invention Company. The PBS KIDS logo & PBS KIDS® PBS. Used with permission. ScratchJr logo is used with permission. PBS is not affiliated with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology or Tufts University.